A New Smile Makeover Story, the Process Begins. - PART 2

In part one I described CEREC the latest in dental technology. The technology has been around a while so what's different now? It's an exceptional new 3-D camera that is specially designed for the system. The Dentist can now see a 3-D image of your entire jaw or the slightest detail using a hand held wand type device. He is one of only a few dentists in Houston that owns one of these machines. 

My personal smile makeover story begins with a brief visit during which the Doc looks over my mouth and takes a few x-rays. There was no significant waiting time. Initial costs to look at my problem area and figure out how CEREC can help me, cost was very reasonable.


After learning the hard way what a scam most dental insurance is (that's another article) I've cancelled mine. For anyone wondering about this subject, top dentists don't take insurance for exactly this reason.

The first step on my journey was to fix several of my back molars and replace them with crowns created by the CEREC machine. My 3-D exam was finished and it was off to the chair. 

Our office features the latest in technology to make you comfortable. No more hearing the drill! I put on headphones, was offered nitrous which I accepted and watched my favorite news program on the TV embedded in the ceiling. Not too bad a start.

Next time the fun begins. The dentist scans, creates and installs two new "while I watch" crowns. This leads me to be treated with another type of really wonderful new dental technology I knew nothing about. Something that saved me days of laying on the couch with pain.

                           

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One visit crowns and veneers have arrived - fast smile improvement results.

Medication Can Seriously Affect Dental Health

A SPECIAL PATIENT RECOMMENDATION & "The Coleman Dental Experience"