A New Smile Makeover Story, Does it Hurt? - PART 3

In part 2 of my story I described my process of getting started on a smile makeover using the  CEREC system with the latest in 3D imaging (x-ray) machines.

To recap, the system is a new version of a technology that lets a dentist scan your mouth and create a crown, veneer or more with a printer sized machine, while you watch. It's actually really cool to observe.
I previously met with the Dentist who scanned my mouth and suggested CEREC. It's a fit in around 90% of cases. Nothing can look better than a hand created crown but these look so similar in my mouth I can't tell the difference. 

Simplicity, time and easily definable expense are what makes CEREC a better choice.

With this in mind we started with my back molars which have been a cause of extreme pain. I spent several years in a process of trying to fix them including a root canal and normal crown.

I thought for sure getting the new CEREC crowns would put me on the couch for a few days. 

Before my procedure I took the day off, got a double cheeseburger, large milkshake and lots of soda, all ready to suffer through the aftermath. But it was not to be. 

For anyone wondering about pain these days when getting crowns (and more) there are two wonderful new products called Peridex (cleans and helps heal) and Gluma (helps eliminate pain) they apply under the crown. 

The net result was 3000 calories for nothing! The Doc worked on my jaw for hours fixing everything and I literally felt nothing afterwords. My mouth hurt more numb than when it was not. 

Never felt a thing. Occasionally they can be sore when flossing but that's it.

So the latest in my process is crowns were created with CEREC and my back molars replaced. 

                                   Dr. Colt Riley | Dentist in Houston

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One visit crowns and veneers have arrived - fast smile improvement results.

Medication Can Seriously Affect Dental Health

A SPECIAL PATIENT RECOMMENDATION & "The Coleman Dental Experience"